So no. 4 is here, and he is doing great. I want to record the story before I forget. KT was feeling contractions on and off all week. Tues night they were 3 minutes apart, so we got ready to go. I was all ready, and KT called the nurse really quickly to just chat before going in. I laid down on the bed while she was calling, and I woke up the next morning in my clothes. The contractions had let up, and she had gone to sleep too. I stayed home from work, and the contractions came back that morning and we shoved off.
We got there, and they took us straight to the delivery room, which was great because we have not had good experiences in triage. They were all very nice, and the fact that we had done this 3 times already meant that they really let us run the show. KT tried some of the laughing gas, but that only lasted one contraction. The gas did not sit well with her, so we went straight to the good stuff.
Once she was hooked in, we were able to get a nap in before things started ramping up. things progressed really quickly when we woke up: his head was creeping out before she even started pushing. She pushed during 2 contractions, and he was out. Since he was late, he was a meconium baby, so he was pretty green and messy once he got out. They handed him straight to KT, and her motherly love overcame any hygenic hesitations. I am much less saintly, and was on the sideline thinking "I am not touching that guy until he's had a shower!" And I didn't...
So he came out a hunky 8lbs 15.2 oz., 22 in. long. He was hardy, hairy, and ready to eat. He quickly got into the swing of things, and made us feel like our skill and finesse had something to do with it. I got my fill of toast at the nourishment room, and Katie had to tough it out with a big juicy steak from the cafeteria. It was one of the more legit cafeterias.
The only drama we really had was deciding on a name. We like to decide after we have had a glimpse of him, but we come in there with a narrowed-down list. We landed on Benjamin Michael, and put it on the forms. Then KT was thinking about stuff, and was a bit worried about the initials: either BS or BM-S. Neither are really hot. Then she googled the name, and found this. She had some major nightmares that night, and we called the next morning asking to hold the paperwork. We went back and forth, and couldn't really land on anything. It was tough. We assembled lists from family history, online, etc and just were really second guessing ourselves. Finally, we narrowed it down to two, and prayed about it. We felt that Oliver Parker was his name. There you go. Some drama in an otherwise drama-less birth.
Anyway, all the kids are really excited to have a baby, and KTs parents are helping us out for a while. We are definitely blessed. Thanks for everyone's support!




1 comment:
Congrats on #4! He is perfect!
Post a Comment