We just returned from a wonderful trip to see our families in Utah. It was an another epic adventure, beginning with the wonderful events of Oliver's blessing and Aaron's baptism.
We appreciate all the help that we received to make it a special day. The music, the talks, the room, the warm font, the wonderful food afterwards, and all the family who made the day by attending.
It was special that Oliver wore the blessing outfit that belonged to Scott's brother Brad.
We were so happy to see much of our extended family. It was been several years since we could reconnect with some and even got to see some from out of state.
Aunt Sue was able to come down from Idaho, and my brother Scott flew up from Arizona. It was a great reunion. Thank you for coming out and celebrating our sons with us.
Uncle Don captured some beautiful photos at Storm Mountain Park.
I love these ones of the Stapleton boys
The next two Sundays, we were able to spend some quality time at Temple Square, which was really meaningful.
Aaron wrote a talk about his time at Temple Square during the trip that he plans to share tomorrow:
My talk is about LIVING GOSPEL PRINCIPLES.
· The
last 2 Sundays, I got to be in Utah, and for church, we visited Temple Square. First, we went to Music and the Spoken Word
at the Conference Center. I learned that
it is important to work as a team in our families.
· We
visited the Beehive House, and learned about Brigham Young. He taught that we need to work hard like Bees
in a Beehive.
· When
we visited the North Visitor’s Center, we watched some videos about people who
had served missions for the church. We
learned that it’s important to serve others.
· There
were a lot of pictures of Christ’s life.
I learned that Christ said “Keep my Commandments” including to be baptized. I am glad that I got to be baptized, just a
few weeks ago.
· I
learned a lot of other things at Temple Square.
For example, about the gift of the Holy Ghost, how the witnesses of the Book
of Mormon were called, and about the symbols on the temple.
· I
know that working as a team in our families, working hard like bees, serving
others, being baptized and following the commandments are all important gospel
principles. I know that if we follow
these teachings, we will have happier lives.
I say
these things in the Name of Jesus Christ.
Amen.












No comments:
Post a Comment