Tuesday, August 6, 2019

Paria

 I'm sure we'll post a lot more about our Utah trip, but here are some pics of the Paria river:

Got some "cracking mud" pics for my material science class and some nice slot canyon pics:

  

We kind of wore Aaron out, but he hung in there.  The last day, we made a deal that I would carry his pack until I could pass him (he gave me some rest periods where he carried his pack).  I caught up to him at the end, but I had to sneak, run, then sprint!




The river was really high and flowing the whole way, so we were in the water the whole time.  I wish I wouldn't have brought my shoes: I never used them.  The water was the consistency of chocolate milk, and pretty much coated your skin.  It was impossible to keep clean!



One thing I hadn't done before: we had to carry out our solid (and sometimes not-so-solid) waste in these little silver bags.  This is me holding up all of our trophies!


Awesome trip: loads of thanks to all those who lent us their equipment and vehicles!!!!

1 comment:

Blogful said...

That last picture is epic. But wow, what a gorgeous place!