Tuesday, December 3, 2019

What life was like when I turned 40

Spontaneous playdate at Conner's

Ollie cried for an hour after we left because his house was so much fun and he didn't want to leave

We got to watch his snake eat thawed frozen mice.  Ew!

We also got to see his Terantula (huge!) and his beautiful fish tank

Their home on the water is lovely

The kids are excited to Skype with Mike and Baerbel and open Cora's birthday package!
They also got to open early Christmas presents at the same time!!

Cora sporting her new fancy apparel

 Aaron and Ollie
We had a warm day, so Cora invited some friends over to play.
We had 6 Kindergarteners, and I imagined that they would all play in the woods until it got dark....sadly, they all had to pee at the same time and we ended up running for the house and staying inside most of the time. hahaha

We drove to Hartford to celebrate the wedding of our friends, Ali & Behar.
Since we were a couple hours early, we drove by a couple of spots on the way:  The CT State Capital & St. Joseph's Cathedral




The Nativity

Our hotel room

Marianna, Ali and Scott
(co-workers)

The bride and the wedding were absolutely gorgeous!





Our kids enjoyed how fancy everything was 

We even got champagne glasses with sparkling apple cider

There was lots of fun dancing and loud music.  
Ollie loved it, but got so tired, he laid his head on Scott's shoulder and said "I want to go to bed."

The next morning, we had another fancy meal at breakfast!  Mmmmm!


And we visited the very friendly Avon Ward


 When we got home, the boys and I spent over 2 hours delivering pies for Compassion Takes Action.  All the proceeds of the pies went to the Champions Orphanage in Bangledesh.  We were happy to help raise funds for this Orphanage.  It was a great way to start the holidays!

Ollie at breakfast on a Sunny Fall morning

I had the priviledge of learning pie crust with my dear friend, Melissa.
This is her mother-in-law's favorite crust recipe, and now mine.
It is particularly delicious with cherry filling and has a zangy twist with a spot of vinegar..


I also had the priviledge a couple weeks prior to a cooking lesson from the amazing Jaxon Stallard on French Macarons.   We made Passion Fruit shells with an orange chocolate filling piped in.   
Oh my goodness!  They were so soft and delicious!  I need to make them again so I don't forget how to make them!



The boys had a fun night with 3 friends to play and dinner and then a library event all together to make a "Harry Potter" themed craft.   Then, we took Aaron's friend home to his new house that his parents had just gotten the keys for that day! We are excited for them to enjoy their new home!

And......last but not least......I celebrated my 40th birthday!
I started the day by teaching a yoga class, and we ended it with rock climbing and swimming.  It was a very active day and a great way to usher in the next decade.   I look forward to the next 40!




Timmy and I shared a birthday cake.  (It was my gift to not have to make another cake) :)  
It was homemade by Scott and was delicious!  Blueberry cake with cream cheese frosting.  We froze half of it and ate it at the Inn in Jefferson.  So yummy!

No comments: