Sunday, July 5, 2020

Father's Day Tribute

I wanted to give a little shout our to our wonderful Father's as we celebrated Father's Day recently 

Scott has very fond memories of his Father and the many many hours they spent together.
He remembers fondly laying in the crook of his Dad's arm and watching TV at the end of the day, watching his dad build and work on things, making a sand rail together 
and taking out friends to ride it.
Always very active in Scott's life, Tim coached his soccer team, was very involved with Young Men's, had Scott work at his shop, GT automotive, etc.......they spent a lot of time together and have a very close bond.
I have fond memories of canyoneering, canoeing and hiking with Tim.  
He always has an adventure or plan on the horizon.  I will never forget how helpful he was when we bought this, our first home, and had so many things to fix and set up.  He worked tirelessly to install new garage door openers, which we have loved!  He also came out 3 times to frame the basement, install drywall, and install flooring with Scott.  He is a very hard worker and is so helpful and serviceful.

  He is a wonderful grandfather to our children, and they love spending time with him when we visit.
We LOVE you Papa Tim!

My dad was such a fun, playful father.  I remember him coming home from work and all of us cheering, and jumping on him to wrestle. 
We played a lot with him in our swimming pool and on the trampoline.  
He loved to give us rides on his motorcycles in the neighborhoods and in the canyons. 

He had us all help from a young age in small ways in his print shop.  We would sometimes fold, stuff and seal envelopes.  He would have us clean the shop after hours.  He had us all when we were older help with the collating machine and making copies and driving deliveries.  
This was very helpful for us to gain work experience, and definitely drove me to be a hard worker when I was employed by others.

A few of the things Dad and I did together that bonded us was that we bought cross country skis and skiied into the cabin back in 1995 every Saturday that winter (like 12 times).  That was the first winter we attempted to overnight at the cabin as well, and it's been a fun tradition.

When I was 19, we did a trip to Alaska and had some adventures hiking and camping in Denali, Haines, Skagway, and Glacier Bay.  

Dad served a mission to Japan as a young man.  
I had the chance to go back to Japan with he and mom and Melissa's family last year.  
It was a great opportunity, and thanks to Melissa's planning, a truly amazing trip!

I was always proud that my dad could speak Japanese, especially when a new family moved in across the street from us in California straight from Japan, and could speak no English yet!  I was very interested in all that he taught us about the culture and loved Japan and their people even though I had never lived there myself.  When visiting, I could see how living in Japan really influenced him in a positive way throughout his life.
This is a photo of him (jumping on a trampoline?) on his mission. 
He fits in so well with his jet black hair.

So much more I could say, but just wanted to say I LOVE you Dad!  You are amazing and I appreciate so much all you have taught me and done for me!
Love, Katie

No comments: