Sunday, October 11, 2020

Fall & Vermont Day Trip

Fall is in full swing and every bit as lovely as ever


We are still enjoying church at home.  We get to attend church once a month with a max of 50 people.
We enjoy watching in virtually and having our own little sacrament and scripture study.

Our kind neighbors offered to let us pick from their apple orchard

The kids loved picking apples

I made an apple pie today, 2 apple crisps last week, and we still have enough to 
eat and make another couple of pies!  I need to get slicing!

Ollie was looking for a sweater today and realized he can wear Aaron's sweatshirt that he outgrew.
Such a big boy!

Cora loves to color and make art.  She constantly comes up with crafts and "displays" and fairy houses to make all over the house and property.  This was one of 6 beautiful pictures she colored/drew today.

This farm up the street is so beautiful.  They have the most perfect rock wall and striking silo.

Ollie and I stopped here because we thought it would be pretty backdrop to 
send Aunt Nancy Parker a birthday video greeting.

Ollie and I have been riding on the e-bike to pick up Cora from school every day since school started.  We pass by this fancy house every time.  It has such beautiful mums right now.  I finally stopped to take a photo this week.

Throwing acorns in what is left of the drying pond.

Our home at dusk

Leaves are falling all around.....
on the housetops on the ground.....
Leaves are falling on my nose.....
on my head and on my toes!


The mums I planted are in full bloom!  

The Mom's Club in town asked if I would host a yoga class.  I agreed and asked them just to come to my driveway where I knew we wouldn't be disturbed (the park has basketball, etc.)
It was a beautiful warm night and just perfect for a safe, socially distanced, outside gathering.

Scott got us all out to do an ultimate frisbee game in the yard.

We're usually so busy in the Fall that sports seems like an impossible task.  This year, with COVID we had a wide open opportunity.  No plans really.   So, we have ALL 4 kids in soccer.  It's been a good way for the kids to learn about soccer, be on a team and get some exercise.  The three older kids have practice Thurs and Friday nights and all 4 kids have games on Saturday.  It makes for a busy Saturday, but I'm glad we are letting the kids try this out.
Love the foggy mornings

Ollie playing soccer with Star Wars characters

A rare treat to socialize!
We were so excited to see our friends, the Bergs, happily settled in their beautiful new home
and had a wonderful Fall dinner together.

Finally got this puzzle figured out!

A little big friend from the garden

This little turtle was my favorite find from our yard EVER!  He was SOOOO cute!
We made sure to release him, but just had to watch him for a day.

Ollie also really enjoyed letting this frog swim in his pool for a while

Timmy is on Cross Country this year.  He's run 2-3 miles in practice 4 times, and has run 2.5 miles in two meets so far.  Next week, they will have one more meet and then be done for the year.  He's done an awesome job!

Loving the fall views from the windows 💓


Cora has enjoyed curling her hair lately.
Reminds me of my mom putting in sponge curlers in my hair when I was a little girl.


Cora convinced me to organize all the barbie clothes with her one night.
I enjoyed revisiting these classic Barbie items from my mother and from Melissa & I as kids.

Don't you wish you had one of these in your size?

These 80's looks are amazing! :)

Freshly leaf blown trail

One morning, I had no plans because I had left the day free to see a friend, who was planning to come to town.  Unfortunately, due to COVID, she couldn't come.  I figured that I shouldn't let it stop me doing something fun, so I took Ollie to Vermont (where we were going to go).
Somewhat long drive for a day trip, but we enjoyed seeing some scenic areas.

New Hampshire/Vermont Fall 2020
Morning Star Maple
Sugar Shack













I picked up 2 sap spouts so we could try maple sugaring this year.
The lady at the sugar shack said we could drip into a milk jug.
I hope it works!

The Vermont Country Store



Typical New England town center








Happy Autumn Everyone!

1 comment:

Blogful said...

Autumn in Vermont is no joke! Every picture looks like the one of those jigsaw puzzles. That view from your window was a favorite!