This morning I was cuddling Ollie on the sofa, scratching his back. I said "Do you like scratchies?"
(phrase borrowed from Adam & Kinley, by the way)
I could feel his head nod up and down on my shoulder. A moment later he said "I yested my head."
Ollie playing with a lego spinner on the drive.
Cora slept in Magic Curlers, and loved the result this morning
On Monday I got Ollie a seat on craigslist that Scott was able to mount on the Rad Runner.
Now I can pick up Cora from school with Ollie in tow as well.
Fun new children's book that we ordered, authored by my talented 2nd cousin, Kirsti Call.
Ollie likes to say "I'm in a bad moooood!"
Sometimes I cook. Actually, I feel like most of my life consists of preparing and cleaning up food.
Here's proof of some cooking.
This is a porcupine that been hanging out by our house lately. This is our 4th or 5th sighting.
A lovely early Fall evening. Trees are getting a touch yellow.
The Beaver Pond is all but dried up. We've had a level 2 drought this year.
Timmy was tromping around in the mud. I had a really bad idea that he should wash his boots off in the pond.
Yeah, I admit. Bad advice from your mother.
Sunday breakfast at the Stapletons
While rummaging around for a cable, I found my trusty old walkman from high school/college
I replaced the batteries and cleaned out the corrosion, and it still works!
I even had "Mix Tape from Mel" in it. Such 90's colors! hahaha
I enjoyed listening to the songs and being taken back to 1998.
Here is the playlist for your enjoyment. :)
The Beautiful South, Song for Whoever
Laura Pausini, La Solitudine
October Project, Now I Lay Me Down
Nanci Griffith, These Days in an Open Book
Dar Williams, The Christians and the Pagans
Everything But the Girl, Apron Strings
Nanci Griffith, Late Night Grand Hotel
The Police, Don't Stand So Close to Me
Gin Blossoms, As Long as it Matters
Toad the Wet Sprocket, All I Want
John Denver, Rhymes and Reasons
Edie Brickell, Circle
David Wilcox, Language of the Heart
October Project, Deep as You Go
John Gorka, Silence
Dar Williams, February
Toad the Wet Sprocket, Good Intentions
Everything But the Girl, Love is Strange (remix)
Laura Pausini, Seamisai
Nanci Griffith, Love at the Five and Dime
2 comments:
Cora looks all grown up like that, wow! Loved your beautiful scenery. Wild porcupine! (We're still in the 90's)
I loved hearing Nancy Griffith, thanks!
Post a Comment