My pictures loaded in reverse, so I'll start with the later part of February and go back to the beginning of February. :)
I had a great day with the Sacuto-Jones family at Pat's Peak on President's Day
Enjoyed skiing with Thomas and Oliver and seeing Anne and Sarah.
We all decided we had better do this again! If not this season, for sure next!
The kids said it was their first time skiing at a big resort in over 3 years and their first time going on a chairlift. It was great to see them warm up to skiing, and get more and more comfortable through the day. We had one of the warmest days skiing I've ever had. Beautiful weather! Skiing in magic gloves and a light fleece all day. So nice!
Oliver, Cora and I tagged along with Scott, Tim and Aaron for the youth temple trip.
It was Cora and Oliver's first time to visit the Boston Temple.
It was freezing cold outside, so we took a few pictures out by the temple, went shopping for a few treasures at the Distribution center (there is a new Old Testament Picture book for children!), and enjoyed our new books and pictures in the waiting rooms in the DC and the temple.
Scott has been helping a friend who just lost her husband with a little help around the house.
Her husband was an avid collector of interesting things. She gifted Oliver some cool toys!
We got to attend a UMass Lowell Hockey Game, a yearly event hosted by Scott's work department.
Go Riverhawks!
Scott was part of the half time show SLED RACE!
We and his partner were clearly in the lead, however, their relay partners let their first place slip.
His fingernails were all chewed up from trying to claw the ice to go faster. Haha
Introductions for the players
We got matching UMass shirts for being the first 100 for the department event! Woot!
Ollie got to have a playdate with Jacob at the SEE Science Center
They had a great time!
Ollie and I went for a nice hike on a warm day. The ice was melting, but still hard in most places.
I discovered that rubbing mineral oil on wood makes it look healthy again. Polished up our cutting board, cupboards and my old Ulu Knife from Skag Town. :)
Aaron and Timmy helped with a Robotics night at Mutual.
Mostly Aaron headed it up, and guided everyone to have a robot competition
Whoever was in the circle last won!
Aaron won 2nd place in the district for Photography in Reflections
He did a nice black and white photo of Timmy working on one of our bridges
Cora won 1st place in the Dance Submission for the district in Reflections.
Third year in a row. I'm always hesitant to sign her up for dance classes due to the cost and time, however, I think we need to get this girl into dance classes. She loves it!
Aaron organizing his Robot pieces
Aaron and Tim spend a lot of time coding video games these days. They find it the most relaxing enjoyable thing right now.
Ollie and Luna are ready for the ski lift!
I took Ollie once alone and then brought them both together a few times.
Luna had to head home after a few runs, but Ollie and I stayed the rest of the day! A 5 hour run!
We have just been using the free bunny hill all winter. This was my first time paying for a ticket for us, so I wanted to really get our money's worth, and encouraged him to "try all the lifts"
He was really motivated by that goal, so we tried every single one that was open. He did an amazing job on endurance that morning!
He kept saying how proud and amazed Timmy and Aaron would be when he told them that he, Ollie
(still age 4), did ALL the lifts at Pat's Peak!
This is my friend, Rebekah. She is part of the great team of musicians we have in our church congregation (The Methuen Ward). I've been serving as the Music Leader for 2 years now.
We have several excellent pianists and organists, many gifted singers, and several instrumentalists.
We've been providing a special musical number 3-4 Sundays a month for the last 2 years. It's been really amazing, actually. So much beautiful music, which adds a wonderful spirit to our meetings.
I've also been teaching some music conducting classes during Sunday School just for a few weeks and have some participants who have been learning a lot. It's very fulfilling to see them learn a new skill, and helpful for me to learn as I teach as well. :)
The boys took a couple of friends to play Laser Tag
They had a ball! These boys are growing up so fast!
Scott took the kids in the woods for a little hike
Ollie made a homemade bridge.......and ......fell in the water. hahaha
Scott and I had a rare night away and went to the temple
Our dear and patient friend, Paul, teaching the children piano.
He's so good!
Oliver's Valentines Stash!!!
This is a small example of what Scott does every day.
I don't envy him, I must say, but you know what is most interesting?
He related to me the other day how he was telling his friends how hard it is for him to get up and take breaks at work because he's so into his work. They were all bemoaning their work, and saying how they put in their hours but can't wait to leave. He was like "I like my job!"
I'm SOOOO glad! Honestly, Scott could have done anything, but he really chose what he liked and felt he would enjoy for 40 years. The road he took to get here was a long one and did require a lot of work and patience, not only for Scott, but for the whole family.
I still remember the conversation that he had back in 2007 as he decided to accept a PhD program.
We decided "delayed gratification" was our "style" and we went for it, so he could do something he loves and is interested in.
So worth it!
Scotty, I am amazed by you and admire your brilliant mind and your passion to further science.
You are truly amazing!
So grateful for great friends at church,
and leaders who help guide and facilitate such great bonding activities
A very rare view I got on my way home. A fawn (not seen here) was right behind her.
This little guy has been coming up to our room a little more lately.
We occasionally get to help him at night with getting a drink, or getting comfortable, or getting in bed with us. I am soaking up the last days with a preschooler, trying to prepare myself for Fall when I will have only school children.
We occasionally get to help him at night with getting a drink, or getting comfortable, or getting in bed with us. I am soaking up the last days with a preschooler, trying to prepare myself for Fall when I will have only school children.
Ski, sleep, ski, sleep
Ollie and I have had a great opportunity to ski free on Mondays on the bunny hill at Pat's Peak.
We have been taking advantage of it!
We tried cross country skiing one weekend with the whole family, because we were able to get free skiis to try through Manchester Moves. Wonderful organization who are helping get people OUT in nature!
Oliver loved the XC skiing. We all did!
Scott has been spending a lot of time trying to get our church Meetinghouse fixed up and the cleaning a bit more organized and better quality. He turned in 40 work orders for things to be fixed and the facilities has been amazing!
Here is his new system for checking off cleaning and instruction cards for Saturdays.
We had T & A's friends over one night for a Magic the Gathering Tournament
They had sooo much fun! We'll have to do it again.
We did have a bonked head and some blood when 3 boys got a little crazy bouncing on the mattress.....so no more rough housing! Yikes!
Rail Trail
Perfect snow. Great temps. No crowds.
Ski, sleep, ski, sleep
Ski, sleep, ski, sleep
A fun night of sledding a the local golf course by the church.
Tim and Aaron had a few friends come and it was really fun!
We had a particularly large snowstorm come through.
Church was cancelled, so we decided to go to a few homes and offer some shoveling help.
One recipient rewarded us with this AMAZING thank you a few days later! Wowza!
Cora the gymnast
.....and the sleeper
Cora's amazing snowcave. This thing was HUGE!
And lastly.....but really firstly.....because this was at the beginning of the month.....T & A and I had a day at Cannon Mtn. to ski. It was the coldest day of skiing that I think I have ever experienced ever.
We were skiing two runs and going to the lodge, skiing two runs and going to the lodge.
When at 3 pm our goggles were freezing at the top of every run, right after a lodge warm up, we could not ski any longer with any safety, so we took off one hour before close.
We NEVER do that!
Despite the missing hour, we had a great time skiing from 8-3! The snow was pretty good - just a few icy spots, but as good as it gets at Cannon I would say.
We got to ride the gondola and see the beautiful view.
So - that was the month! Ski, sleep, ski, sleep.
If it wasn't for skiing & yoga, I would have a hard time in winter, but this makes it fly by.
We have not squandered the winter for sure,
and a little beach time in summer will be a nice change soon. :)
Hope everyone is getting out and being safe this winter!
1 comment:
I admire how much you are taking advantage of your weather, even when it is cold or not ideal. I need to figure out a new hobby for my hot summers. Come to the beach down here any time!
Post a Comment