Saturday, March 26, 2022

Crazy Winter Camping

Every year growing up, my dad took us on an epic snowshoe/backpacking trip in the Uintah's.  I always thought it was pretty awesome, so we tried to replicate the experience.  It was awesome, but a lot of work!!!


It was a 3 mile hike in, and it took forever for Ollie.  On the way in, I had him ride on my shoulders at least half of the hike.  On the way, back, he just hopped on my sled.  


Tons of sleeping bags, mats, blankets, etc.  It was  a lot of work to get camp setup and keep everyone dry.  Next time, I definitely need a hammer and some stronger tent stakes (and extra toe and hand warmers -Aaron)!!



Goggs hiked the whole thing!!


And Aaron skied in!


    So did Timmy...... just not as handsomely:)  
(a little editing addition from Aaron here)


    "A great hike/ski! All of our toes were freezing in the morning, we ran out of toe and hand warmers, and I didn't realize I had toe warmers in my jacket pocket, left over from a ski trip, until the next day!"                                                                                                                                                                             -Aaron

No comments: