Ollie just turned 6!
He is our favorite little Kindergartener.
He surprised me this morning by requesting out of the blue to ride the e-bike to school instead of the bus. I frantically got us all dressed warmly, and ran out to get on the bike, which had the child seat off. Scott was home and luckily got it on for us just in time, since we pulled into the drop off line after the gate was closed, but they let the kids come in! Hurray! Birthday wish granted!
Ollie got a special birthday crown and card from his teacher.
We picked up Ollie, Cora and Aaron from school a little bit early, and we grabbed Tim on the way to a
3 pm movie of PUSS & BOOTS: The Last Wish
It's a Family Party year, thank goodness, because Ollie got sick Saturday night, and missed church Sunday and two days of school. I did let him go to school Wed, on his birthday, but didn't know until that morning if I could send him. But, no stress, because it was just us to worry about!
LAST year when he was sick, and I had to cancel his three friends going to the airpark with us. I kept feeling like I "owed" him a friend party, and ended up taking him to the airpark the next week, but he complained that his friends weren't there (they couldn't come). So, then I took his friend, Christopher and him to an arcade a few weeks later.
This year was simple and small, which after a sick weekend was just the ticket.
After the movie, we had macaroni and cheese and opened gifts
Ollie loved his cards, legos, racecar track and new church clothes.
He picked out this cake with me too. Chocolate, chocolate. Mmmmmm!
Everyone gave Ollie a special birthday wish for this coming year and then got their cake and ice cream.
Happy birthday, Ollie!!
You are the one everyone fights over to snuggle with when we watch a family show.
That says a lot about how much we each love you!
Ollie makes everything more fun with the cute things he says. He's also very compassionate and cares very much about others. He has a great imagination, and is a natural beat boxer.
When he reads books or plays toys, he has his own soundtrack playing with his mouth, and he's very good at replicating spaceship noises and such.
We are happy that you are SIX this year! You complete our family!








1 comment:
Six?! Are you sure?? Wow, he's growing fast. What a cutie.
Post a Comment