Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Becoming a geeeel

Aaron told me the other day that he wanted to go to the doctor.  "What for?" I asked.
"So he can make me a girl."  Aaron replied, "and then I will be born! And I'll be a girl!"

We were telling Timmy and Aaron their birth stories the other day, which included how we went to the hospital and they were born, but this part about being a girl, I did not understand!

I tried to convince him that he was a boy and always has been and always will be, but he repeated this same scenario three times, about wanting to go to the doctor and the doctor changing him into a girl.

I finally asked "Why do you want to be a girl?"
"Because I want the geeeel toothpaste!" he said.
"Because you want the girl toothpaste, with the princess on it?"
"Yeah!"
"Don't worry, buddy.  We can get you the girl toothpaste.  And you don't even have to go to the doctor for that."

5 comments:

Whitehead Family Fun said...

Abby has asked multiple times when she can become a boy so that she could go to school, and do other things like Joshua :) Luckily we told her she can do all these things and still be a girl. You better buy Aaron his toothpaste soon!

Blogful said...

Too funny. I never realized just how exciting princess toothpaste could be.

Tyler said...

Way to stick it to the man, Aaron.

Anna (UM) said...

Awwwww.... I miss you Aaron.. and you too Timmy and Katie and may be you too Scott.. How are you guys.. I don't know how to contact you folks since I believe your umich email is not working.. How is Germany treating you so far ?

Scott said...

Anna,
my umich email still works: I think we get it forever, so you can always contact us. Also, our cell # still works, it just calls our computer. Oh, and we're doing good:)