Sunday, January 12, 2014

Happy Sunday!


Happy Sunday everyone!  Last week I was home with Timmy from church, since he had thrown up.  It seemed to have been a fluke, because he was so happy and fine right after.  I must have picked up what he had though, because this week, I'm sick.
I put Cora in her cute new Sunday dress anyway. :)  
Hope next week, we are all well again.
Cora is starting to smile, and has rolled tummy to back 2 times.  She has started to coo, and likes to look at the hanging stuffed animals now on the bouncer.
It was a huge treat for us to have my Mom and Dad here in November and December, for Coras birth, and for Christmas & New Years.
We were sad to say goodbye last week.  On their last day, we had Tai food in town, and toured the Aachen museums: The Rathaus, the Couven Museum, and the Zeitungs Museum.

 The White Hall 
Rathaus, Aachen.
This is where most couples in Aachen would like to be married civily, before a church ceremony. 
The portrait behind dad is of the 3rd Earl of Sandwich (yes, the restaurant chain is named after he and his family. :) 

The Rathaus Foyer
is visible from this picture window above.
They had a fantastic Christmas tree up.
The Aachen Dom 
is best viewed from these Rathaus east windows.
 The day mom and dad rode to Paris, we headed out with the car to Frankfurt.  We first visited the
US Consulate
to make Cora an officially recognized American.   We just received her official "report of birth abroad" certificate and US passport in the mail.  That means we can travel with her now!

Afterwards, we headed to the Frankfurt Temple for a visit, before driving home.  Our friend Alex received his endowment.  Although, we were not able to attend the session he was in, we were glad to see his family at the temple and proud of him for all he has done to prepare himself for these special blessings.
 Christmas is officially over when you take down the Christmas tree.
Our tree pickup was yesterday, so we packed away the ornaments and took the tree out.  The living room feels quite roomy now!  Room to play with all those Christmas toys now!

 We hope you all had a wonderful Christmas!  Even though we didn't send out cards, this year, we hope that all of you, our friends and family know how much we love you and think of you.  We enjoyed getting updates from several friends, and hope to stay in touch!  Perhaps I will get a Valentines card/email out. :)

1 comment:

Whitehead Family Fun said...

Cora is so cute and I can't believe how much she looks like a Stapleton! I can't wait to see what she looks like when she is bigger. Glad you guys had a good Christmas. It is always hard to start real life again :( We are back in school and busy which I guess is good right?