Sunday, January 2, 2022

December Happenings: Tim's 14th Birthday

Activity Days at the church
(For Cora)

The Ward Christmas Party 2021
It was essentially a COVID friendly Christmas talent show with caroling,
everyone distanced with masks in the chapel..... and family photos by Brett Little.

I was in charge of the talent program portion of the activity, leading the caroling, and offered to bring pre-packaged Christmas Cakes.   There was no food allowed at the activity, but this was something people could take home. (Trying to help prevent COVID and unnecessary clean up)
Cora played "Away in a Manger" on the piano and I played with her on the flute.
We had some beautiful musical numbers, the timing went well, and it turned out to be a nice night. 

Timmy's first birthday celebration

This lucky kid got to celebrate twice.  Once with the family and later with friends!

My "She Shed"


Cora got to have a rare playdate.  
It seems more often than not that someone is sick or we're too busy.
It was a breath of fresh air for Cora to see her friend, Anna.


The boys "run through" for the Robotics Competition

Timmy's group is going to State!!

UMass Lowell ME Dept. Christmas Party

Chris did a great job as dean.

Timmy's second birthday celebration with his peeps.


The cake was not that pretty, BUT.....it was actually delicious!
Pumpkin Roll Cake with whipped cream on top

Tim's dinner wish was Mac N Cheese

His activity wish was Laser Tag 


He got some totally awesome gifts



Happy 14th Birthday Mr. T!!

We were invited for dinner at Shifang's home

She went ALL out!  It was delicious Chinese dumplings with LOTS of sides
They even got the kids Christmas Presents!

Hiking Clyde Pond with Ollie


Christmas Exchange with the Relief Society

This was a really fun evening that Shelly put together. 
She always does such a good job!  I got a Christmas dog that sings "I ain't nothing but a hound dog"


The kids had some wonderful concerts with their concert bands 
and Aaron in honor's band and Tim in Jazz band.

They had to get up each twice weekly early for practices.

A day in the life


Ollie and I hiking to the Beaver pond

The piano recital. 
The kids played beautifully, but Ollie needed AR stickers on the phone to stay entertained.

A beautiful Christmas Party at Erin's house


A Christmas Play at the Presbyterian Church in town center.

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
Cora and Ollie have been listening to the audio books.  
When they finish one, they can watch the movie.

It finally snowed!!


Aaron got his braces off!!

Nice job Aaron!!  
Timmy should be right behind him in getting his off.

I was in charge of this Christmas Program at church.
We had some beautiful Christmas Music!
It was stressful to be in charge of it.  I was relieved when it went well and was done.

I was also the music chair last year, and it was still stressful, but last year there was no singing allowed, so this was the first time I led the choir for it, and the choir sang 3 numbers.   
(Still, Still, Still, Child in a Manger and Born to Wear a Crown
Very helpful though that 2 of the 3 songs had been sung at Christmas in years past, so it was much much easier than it had if the songs were new to the choir. It was a beautiful program!
Cora and ollie helped me take around a few gifts on Christmas Eve Eve.

No comments: