Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Porto, installment 4

The conference was good, I'm getting really good at snoozin' through planery speakers. I presented today: it was late in the day, right before the banquet so there weren't very many people around. No one even asked a question afterwards. Crickets were chirping. On the bright side, I met a professor from Aachen and I went to the banquet in a wine cellar. It was a super fancy candlelit dinner, and I don't think there was a cap on the amount of wine one could drink. I've been spending a lot of time lately explaining why I don't drink.
I didn't want to drag my camera around, so here's a picture I took a few nights ago from the bridge:


And here's this fantastic lady we saw near the beach carrying quite a load. I was pretty slow on the draw with my camera, but I managed to document the phenomenon.

1 comment:

Katie Stapleton said...

oh my word! That is crazy!