So we have this "pokey bush" right next to the basketball hoop that Aaron absolutely hates, so he finally convinced KT to get it out (I liked it because it protected our well). When I came home, she said "Let's pull this thing out with the car." I hadn't really done this before, so I thought of things like "what if the roots damage the well (which is right next to the bush) and what if the rope slips off and sends a metal hook hurtling towards our back window? The amount of stored energy in a strap that is pulling a stubborn bush can be pretty high. But we threw caution to the wind and gave it a shot.
All hooked up: I put both ends of the strap to the car with one wrap-around so that it would tighten on the bush as it was pulled to prevent slippage:
...a little tire spinning later, and viola!
Then a little chopy-chop with the chainsaw and we tossed the whole thing into the woods: no more pokey-bush!
The inside of the bush was amazingly bright yellow!
1 comment:
I have thought of doing this so many times. You have inspired me that the impossible is now possible. Ha ha!
Post a Comment