Saturday, May 30, 2009

Little Brother

Don't they look alike??
Here's Aaron at 4 days old and Timmy at 2 weeks old.

When he first came out, I thought Aaron looked exactly like Timmy. Now, each day I can see more and more that they have their own little look about them, but definitely brothers.

Everyone keeps asking how Timmy has reacted to the new baby. His first reaction on meeting Aaron was to growl, and pull his blanket down to look at him. When Aaron didn't respond, he just lost interest and was all over the hospital room looking for more interesting things to play with and eat.
When Aaron came home, Timmy rocked his car seat a few times and pointed to him, and then lost interest again. 
Today was cute! Timmy brought him a book and opened it to show him the pictures. When I was putting them down for a nap, Timmy was really interested in watching him cry.

Here's Grandma Parker and Timmy. Timmy had so much fun with my mom! We were SO glad she was here. She made lots of yummy food for us while she was here. Soup, lasagna, spinach quiche, oatmeal cookies, pumpkin pie and cookies, salad, and on and on. She not only left us with a clean house, but fresh flowers on the table, food to eat, clean sheets, bedding, and clothes. We're all set up! I was also so glad that mom and dad were here to entertain me while I was waiting for Aaron to come.
Thanks Mom and Dad!!!
We'll see if Timmy gets jealous of Aaron now that Grandma has gone home. He had a lot of attention. But so far, Aaron is fitting into the family well, and Timmy has just accepted that he's here.

12 comments:

Hurtado Family said...

i'm so glad he's here! what a cutie! congrats.

Sabrina said...

Congrats! He is so cute! My brother Aaron was also late and 9 lbs 10 oz. My uncle commented that he looked like he was ready to go out and get a job when he was a couple of days old.

Stapletons said...

Wow! What a coincidence!
Yes, our Ped. said he was the most "robust" newborn she's seen in a long time. :)

Harvey Family said...

What a cute family picture! Katie, you look great!! You have the cutest boys!

Amanda said...

That is so great, you have awesome parents! We saw your dad up at the Firs (did i spell that right?) on Memorial day... and he told us about his trip and visiting with you... :) cute grandparents, they are. (i'm talking like yoda now. hum.)

hope everything goes well with adjusting to two... but from what i can tell you are a natural...

Darling little boys! Great job Stapletons!

Harris Family said...

yeah! you will love two boys! Yeah for Drugs too! You look great. I wish you the best luck! Once that baby starts crawling and wiggling, watch out-two little wiggly kids!! Just enjoy him still and quiet and in your arms.

Todd and Anna said...

Congratulations!! He is so cute and I can't believe how much they look alike. I wish we were living next door so we could come and see the little guy.

Michelle said...

What a cute little boy! I'm all about drugs as well, who knew labor could be so pleasant.
Congratulations!

Unknown said...

Welcome to the world, Aaron! What great parents you've been given! After reading about all the cooking, cleaning, and TLC Grandma Parker did in her week there, it almost makes me want to have another baby and get her to dote on me! :)

Love you guys way way big!

Angie said...

I'm so glad that you finally had him! He's so cute. Congrats to your cute family!!! I can't wait to keep reading how things are going. We miss you guys!

Lindsay said...

Congratulations! He is adorable. I can't believe how big he was! Glad to hear Timmy seems to like his new buddy.

rusted sun said...

Congratulations! He is beautiful and what a big baby. Our twins together were only 8lbs 6 oz.